- November 22, 2011. Time for a Virtual Tin Cup
- August 19, 2011. Etherwave Theremin/MIDIVERB Combination described and put up for auction on eBay
- August 14, 2011. A page entitled New Electronic Music Instructional Resources that makes it easier to access major new projects completed since 2009.
- August 8, 2011. A page entitled Pellegrino's Latest Music Samples as of 8/7/11 that makes it relatively easy to access all my music samples provided on this site.
- November 23, 2010. An update to my Instruments Distributed via eBay page to include the placement of my Light-Cymbal
- October 29, 2010. The posting of material and site modifications related to my just released new book - Realizing Electronic Dreams: A Composer's Notes And Themes
- July 29, 2010. An update to my Instruments Distributed via eBay page to include the placement of my Apple IIe based electronic arts synthesizer
- July 16, 2010. Composer's notes and music samples for CD 6: University Playgrounds of Part Three: The CDs of Emergent Music And Visual Music: Inside Studies.
- June 28, 2010. An update to my Instruments Distributed via eBay page to include the placement of my Technics Analog Stereo Tape Deck
- June 13, 2010. A link to Visual Music Animated Laser Images
- June 8, 2010. The posting of material related to an eBay auction of my Technics RS-1500US Analog Stereo Tape Deck.
- June 6, 2010. Composer's notes and music samples for CD 5: Playgrounds of Part Three: The CDs of Emergent Music And Visual Music: Inside Studies.
- April 27, 2010. Composer's notes and music samples for CD 4: Sonic Dreams: Folk Music For The Millennium of Part Three: The CDs of Emergent Music And Visual Music: Inside Studies.
- March 14, 2010. Posting of eBay Auction materials for my TEAC A-3440 analog tape deck.
- March 1, 2010. Composer's notes and music samples for CD 3: San Francisco 70s Free Music Scene of Part Three: The CDs of Emergent Music And Visual Music: Inside Studies.
- January 20, 2010. Composer's notes and music samples for CD 2: Italian-American Electronic Music Dramas of Part Three: The CDs of Emergent Music And Visual Music: Inside Studies.
- January 11, 2010. Posting of Chapter 15, Visual Music Flavors of Part 1: The Book of Emergent Music And Visual Music: Inside Studies.
- December 20, 2009. Posting of Chapter 1, Emergent Music of Part 1: The Book of Emergent Music And Visual Music: Inside Studies.
- December 15, 2009. Program notes and track samples of a new CD -- Volume 2 of Music for the Book, The Electronic Arts of Sound and Light
- November 25, 2009. A new set of videos; the same set showing on YouTube but with better quality on my site .
- November 23, 2009. Historical notes and fine tuning of the home page.
- November 21, 2009. Composer's notes and music samples for a new CD -- The Electronic Arts of Sound and Light, Volume 1 of Music for the Book.
- November 20, 2009. Composer's notes and music samples for CD 1: Audience Favorites of Part Three: The CDs of Emergent Music And Visual Music: Inside Studies. Also, a reorganization of the index to showcase more recent projects.
- September 29, 2009. A link to an Electronic Arts Productions photo album on Facebook.
- June 6, 2009. A major extension to the site devoted to the subject of Pellegrino's Instruments Distributed via eBay.
- May 16, 2009. To give eBay bidders a sense of what my Synthi AKS and Laser Animator can generate I added a new page with some samples titled Visual Music Laser Images.
- May 10, 2009. The posting of material related to an eBay auction of a Sonic and Visual Music Synthesizer - Synthi AKS and Laser Animator
- April 18, 2009. Numerous small repairs to the recent addition of another section to the site, Emergent Music And Visual Music: Inside Studies, Part 1 - The Book. Plus the a new page covering Part 2: The DVDs
- April 5, 2009. The addition of another section, The Index, of Emergent Music And Visual Music: Inside Studies, Part 1 - The Book.
- March 28, 2009. Finally available, the first two parts (a book and a set of four DVDs) of a project that has been 10 years in the making - Emergent Music And Visual Music: Inside Studies. Begin at the Introduction.
- February 23, 2004. Serious site cleaning after a forced move from a simple site to a domain; my ISP of eight years went black hole on me. All manner of link repair still in progress at this time. Understatement - the internet has been shifting under the feet of this site during its eight years on the web.
- November 10, 2003. An article by Brazilian artist/researcher Sérgio
R. Basbaum entitled SYNESTHESIA AND DIGITAL PERCEPTION. Rare work that clarifies the historical and conceptual foundation
for visual music.
- July 19, 2003. An essay entitled The Crevices of Audio Compression that examines the reality of musical values relative to audio
- July 17, 2003. An article by Lewis Segal, LA Times Staff Writer,
on the subject of "Manipulative and Sometimes Apocalyptic Sound Engineering" (my title) - print media corroboration for the piece on Why are audio engineers the enemies of our ears?
- July 11, 2003. The first installment of materials from a recent
project called the Visual Music Studies DVD Series including descriptions and explanatory notes from the first two DVD volumes entitled Pythagoras & Pellegrino In Petaluma. A video excerpt, called Study 6 - Keb, of one of the 10 studies included on the first two DVD volumes.
An increase by a factory of 4 of the image size of the video excerpts available on the site.
- March 7, 2002. A set of three expository posts to the Metaesthetics List on the subject of Matrix Alignment, an approach to systems analysis and communication in the electronic
- February 28, 2002. During the past 9 months most of the work on
this site that previously would have gone into essays has gone
into posts to the Metaesthetics List, an international group of artists and researchers in the electronic
arts of sound and light. To follow the progress of our discussions
click here and save the URL.
- June 1, 2001. Two excerpts from music composed in 2001 - from
The Unison and The Deb Fox Heterophonic Alchemical Tours.
- April 24, 2001. The "Metaesthetics issues, topic epi-centers, ideas, and attractors" satellite page, a working list taken from posts by participants
in the The Metaesthetics List.
- April 12, 2001. The Metaesthetics List devoted to the exploration, development, and articulation of
metatheories of the electronic arts of sound and light that include
an integrative approach to music, dynamic visual art, established
technology, emerging technology, metaphysics, psychophysics, psychology,
mathematics, sociology, communications theory, ancient knowledge,
emerging knowledge, and any other related branch of human learning
- March 26, 2001. The Unison, a video excerpt from Visual Music Meditations. An example of music and imagery derived from the same set of
- March 8, 2001. Some new annotated links in the pages for Sites of Music Visualizers and Links to Electronic Arts Sites and Related Sites
- March 6, 2001. A response to an item in an iota Newsletter written by Larry Cuba (a filmmaker
and one of iota's prime movers) in reference to my essay entitled
Visual Music and the iota List .
- February 13, 2001. A set of three excerpts from a current visual
music video project, The Deb Fox Heterophonic Alchemical Tours.
- December 20, 2000. Responses and replies to my essay entitled Visual Music and the iota List
- November 20, 2000. An essay on Compositional Field-tests.
- November 19, 2000. A major change in music codec that results
in far faster downloads and better sound quality for the music excerpts.
- November 14, 2000. Another video excerpt: Cynthia's Dream.
- November 11, 2000. An essay entitled Visual Music and the iota List, written after a year and a half of researching the iota list
by interacting with its subscribers, mostly filmmakers and video
- September 16, 2000. Another video excerpt: Winter Reflections
- September 12, 2000. A new section of the web site devoted to video excerpts of Pellegrino's visual music work. The first post is Feedback: Liquid Light.
- August 28, 2000. Another set of iota exchanges covering the ideas of oscilloscopic imagery, atonality, non-linear
behavior, Mickey Mouse sync, multimodal experience, nonsense,
and tracking Glass and Reich..
- August 14, 2000. An extension to the Discovering, Cultivating,
and Using Your Own Voice essay called An Instrument's Voice.
- July 31, 2000. An additional exchange added to iota Exchanges - Set 3 covering a refutation of the statement "sound does not envelop
us simultaneously from all directions".
- July 24, 2000. Additional exchanges added to iota Exchanges - Set 3 covering early stages of neural processing and "hordes of unprepared
people are jumping onto the visual music bandwagon".
- July 19, 2000. Another set of iota exchanges covering the ideas of synesthesia, mapping, symbolic logic, THE
AGE OF SPIRITUAL MACHINES, and NTSC video.
- July 17, 2000. A new set of performance-multimedia images from
framegrabs of Pellegrino's video work in a University of Wisconsin
performance in September of 1999. Thumbnail link sets are found
on the Sample Program 1 - Collaborative Event page.
- July 12, 2000. An essay entitled Omnimedia On The Road drawn from experiences of taking performance-multimedia shows
on the road.
- June 26, 2000. Another music sample - Laser Seraphim - Fast
- June 24, 2000. Another music sample - Phoenix 73 Duet.
- June 23, 2000. Another music sample - ETT/Y.
- June 21, 2000. Another music sample - On-Seeing Figure from Markings.
- June 8, 2000. Another music sample - Cymatic Sail.
- June 1, 2000. Another music sample - HootNShake.
- May 28, 2000. Another music sample - Windswept.
- May 26, 2000. Another music sample - Cynthia's Dream.
- May 19, 2000. Another music sample - Winter Reflections.
- May 17, 2000. Another music sample - S? Explorations for Bb Clarinet and ARP 2600 Synthesizer.
- May 11, 2000. A new section of the web site devoted to samples of Pellegrino's music compositions.
- November 22, 1999. More annotated links in the Music Visualizers section of this web site. More links
added to Links to Electronic Arts Sites and Related Sites.
- October 18, 1999. A piece written by Joe Zizzi for the North Bay
Multimedia Association's November 1999 Newsletter on the subject
of my scheduled presentation, Omnimedia Reigns! - New Media Integration of the Visual Arts,
Music, and Science
- October 15, 1999. Two additional sample programs: Sample Program 2 - Collaborative Event; and Sample Program 3 - Collaborative Event
- October 12, 1999. Some Sample Residencies and Performance Events
- September 4, 1999. Some Coming Events for late 1999.
- August 21, 1999. The iota Exchanges, a set of email exchanges from the iota discussion group on subjects
that are related to the visual music and compositional thinking sections of this site. iota is an organization dedicated to preserving
and promoting the art of light and movement.
- August 15, 1999. A follow-up exchange to Playing Free of the Box, my first response to some remarks by Stephen Malinowski in reference
to issues that surfaced by way of my participation in a daylong
gathering of music visualizers on July 11, 1999.
What's New - Archive, an annotated list of postings dating back from July 27, 1999
to November 15, 1996.
Site Navigation Links
Booking information and comments.
©1996-2004 Ron Pellegrino and Electronic Arts Productions. All